Travel by plane:
There is a direct train connection from the Frankfurt/Main airport to Mainz. Both high-speed trains (ICE, EC, IC) and local trains (RE, RB, S8) run between both cities on a regular basis.
Travel by train:
A current train timetable to and from the Mainz Central Station ("Mainz Hauptbahnhof") can be found at the Deutsche Bahn website.
Travel by tram or bus:
You can take the following tram or bus lines to reach us from Mainz central station (get off at Friedrich-von-Pfeiffer-Weg):
- 51 (towards Lerchenberg/Hindemithstraße)
- 53 (towards Lerchenberg/Hindemithstraße)
- 54 (towards Klein-Winternheim/Bahnhof)
- 55 (towards Finthen/Theodor-Heuss-Straße)
- 56 (towards Finthen/Wackernheim)
- 59 (towards Bretzenheim/Hochschule Mainz)
- 75 (towards Schwabenheim/Ingelheim)
Detailed information about busses and trams is available (in German only) on the Website of the Mainz transit system (www.mvg-mainz.de)
Arrival by car:
Mainz can be reached via Autobahn A60 and A63. The most convenient exit to reach the University Campus is labeled Saarstraße, Gonsenheim off the A60. Follow the white direction sign with black letters "Universität".
Parking on campus is only possible with special permission. Visitors may use the parking lot in Dalheimer Weg (at the bottom of the campus map).