We study the strong interaction at low and medium energies. Our activities focus on the theoretical interpretation of the experiments at MAMI and at other accelerator facilities. Beside analytical methods like effective field theories and dispersion theory numerical simulations of Quantum Chromodynamics on the lattice are applied.
SFB School 2017
The SFB 1044 "The Low-Energy Frontier of the Standard Model" will hold its annual Summer School at the Hotel Ebertor in Boppard from 29 August to 01 September 2017. Invited lecturer Adam Szczepaniak (Indiana U) will speak about Partial Wave Analysis and all that. A lecturer on experimental physics is to be announced. The program will also include contributions from members of the SFB (graduate students, postdocs). Registration is now open until 30 June 2017. ...
Dr. Oleksandr Tomalak receives award at DIES ACADEMICUS
As a part of the annual DIES ACADEMICUS held on May 31, 2017 Dr. Oleksandr Tomalak was presented a Department of Physics, Mathematics and Information Technology Award for his outstanding dissertion titled Two-photon exchange corrections in elastic lepton-proton scattering. ...
Die Masterarbeit Allgemeine Relativitätstheorie und Gravitomagnetismus von Mark Popenco ist im BestMasters-Programm bei Springer Spektrum erschienen. ...
Die Masterarbeit Allgemeine Relativitätstheorie und Gravitationswellen von Jonas Pohl ist im BestMasters-Programm bei Springer Spektrum erschienen. ...
Award for Bachelor thesis
Antonia Berger received an Award of Excellence for her Bachelor Thesis Allgemeine Relativitätstheorie mit einer Weiterbildung für Lehrkräfte. The thesis was supervised by Prof. Dr. Stefan Scherer.
Summer School 2016 of the Graduate School "Symmetry Breaking"
The third international summer school of the Graduate School "Symmetry Breaking in Fundamental Interactions" and the excellence cluster PRISMA took place on Frauenchiemsee in Bavaria/Germany from September 18 to 23, 2016. World-leading physicists presented lectures and topical talks in the fields of Higgs and Beyond the Standard Model Physics, Collider/LHC Physics, Effective Theories, Lattice QCD, Mathematical Physics, and Cosmology. ...
Workshop "New Vistas in Low-Energy Precision Physics (LEPP)"
The aim of this workshop is to discuss the physics opportunities at MESA, especially the opportunities given at the internal target experiment MAGIX. At MAGIX, the combination of a windowless target in combination with a high-intensity energy-recovering electron beam opens the avenue for new precision measurements in the fields of nuclear, hadron, and particle physics. ...
RESEARCH PROJECTS AND CENTERS
- Zu Bild 'PRISMA scientists seek to extend the frontier of knowledge and find answers to the key questions concerning the fundamental constituents of matter and their implications for the physics of the Universe.'
- Zu Bild 'Within CRC 1044 the role of hadrons is investigated in the context of particle and atomic physics as well as nuclear astrophysics. '
- Zu Bild 'MITP provides unique opportunities for cross-disciplinary exchange between researchers from different fields of expertise in theoretical physics.'
- Zu Bild 'Main interest of the "Center for Computational Sciences" is the advancement of simulation techniques as a third instrument for use in scientific research.'
- Zu Bild 'The graduate school focuses on graduate training through excellence in research in the fields of elementary particle physics, hadron physics, atomic physics, and nuclear chemistry.'